Monday, March 23, 2009

Getting to Know "ME"

This post isn't about me.

I joined a recollection along with a youth organization in our community yesterday. It was my very first recollection since I attended non-sectarian schools for my secondary and tertiary education. We arrived very late and only had the chance to perform one activity. This was about knowing one's self.

It was a nice experience. There were guide questions that really made me reflect about myself. There questions about how well I know my strengths, my weaknesses, the things that influenced my personal growth, my fears and the lessons I've learned from my past.

Not all of us will the chance to go through the session we had. For those who seek to understand themselves better, ponder on these questions...

These set of questions will help validate one's identity.

1. Describe your best features and characteristics.
2. Whoare the type of people you most admire and why?
3. If you could be anyone, who could it be and why?
4. What makes you sad?
5. What are your fears? How have you fears influenced any decisions in your life?
6. What are the three characteristics that may be holding you back from being more successful in your life?
7.Take a look one year down the road. What kind of person do you see yourself being? Imagine that you see yourself walking down a hallway. Describe yourself - not just in physical terms, but in terms of the features and talents that are beginning to shine.

After activity, I felt very light and I know that I was more aware about me than I was before the session started. I hope I get to reach out to you guys and help you in knowing yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment